About the blog:

This blog is about my life as a young, handicapped man in Norway. These are my thoughts, my fears, memories and joys. I hope this blog can be of interest to those out there With Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy, their friends, families or those of you who are just curious! I'm happy to share my story and my musings of life with you.

torsdag 22. august 2013

BBQ

I sometimes think about fate. Why do children die? Why do some live and others don’t? Why was I born with this condition? Is everything in this universe truly as random as some say? Are we guided by something unseen, by fate? If so, I’m not sure I understand the concept. I do know one thing though, I was born and I am here. Heh, sometimes I wonder though, what if one of the others eggs were chosen? Would this egg become s normal boy? Maybe. It’s a foolish thought. I shouldn’t start going down that road again. I’m here, I’ve been here for 24 years now and I intend to stay for many years to come. Fate willing.


I was invited to a family barbecue by my uncle, the large man with the heart of gold. He has a large flat property and everything on one floor. It’s a perfect house for me! My grandfather was there as well, about 85 years old now. I had not seen him in a long time now; he’s too frail to visit me anymore sadly. Time is a strange thing. Every time I see him he’s aged so much. He made his way towards me, on short, unsteady steps. He finds support in his cane as he leans in to give me a hug. I could see the tears in the old man’s eyes, he misses his grandson. It’s not often I’ve seen him cry, he’s always been so tough, former policeman and everything. It was a bit overwhelming and I was unsure whether to cry as well or comfort him. I settled on the second option, but it was all very touching.


This man used to drive me to kindergarten, school, and watch over me and my sister when our parents were away. I owe him my utmost respect and admiration. Sure, he’s been a strange guy as well; he can say the craziest things. My mother usually gets annoyed by her father’s many outbursts, but I just laugh it off. He’s old, if he wants to be an original I say let him. I brought an assistant to the barbecue and to her my grandfather turns and says; “We have an agreement, him and I… If he dies first I’ll speak in his funeral, and if I die first he’ll speak in mine”. He’s been saying this for maybe about ten years now, but I want to honor this request. I’ll speak for his memory, as I’ll never forget him.


There were several others at the party, my grandmother, cousins and everything. My sister brought her boyfriend, they seem very happy together. As the evening progressed it was time for fun and games. We played croquet in the garden; this resulted in a lot of laughter, especially when my mother took the field! She’s probably one of the funniest people I know, she spreads joy when she’s in a good mood. I was on her team and even though we lost I had an amazing time. I think my mother and I can agree on one point. You don’t have to win as long as you’re having a good time.


For a few moments it was like stepping into a typical American neighborhood; a large barbecue, a warm social atmosphere, games in the garden and in the corner of my eyes I could see an American football flying. My cousins were tossing it about, just like you’d expect. I found it fascinating and enjoyable. Guess living by an army base run by Americans you’re bound to get affected somehow. They spent several years on one down in Germany. I was of course concerned about my breathing machine as this was the first real trip with the new one. This time however I was prepared! I made sure to recharge every chance I got, even brought some food of my own. I killed two birds with one stone and as mentioned before in this blog, I always need to plan ahead, be prepared.


As we were driving home my father remembered something vital! We had forgotten my food device; I’ll just call it that. It pretty much is a pump, pumping liquid food into my feeding tube. It’s practical for me as chewing gets tiresome. It has changed my life as I was near starvation in the past, skin and bones. Now I’m stronger and gained enough weight to function well. Would be a bit odd to starve in a country such as this! Anyhow, we picked it up and made our way home, without any stops at the local gas stations.



To close this entry I’d like to type a few words about family. That sounded a bit Mafia when I think about it… Oh well! To me family is of course very important, they’ve always had my back no matter what. It doesn’t matter to them that I’m different, they still love me. My mother, father, everyone. You people have enriched my life and I have no idea where I’d be without you. Heh, I get a bit carried away here, but I mean every word. We all need somebody to lean on, right?

3 kommentarer:

  1. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    SvarSlett
  2. DR EMU YOU ARE REALLY GREAT. I WILL KEEP COMING TO YOU WHEN EVER I NEED YOUR HELP. WEBSITE: HTTPS://EMUTEMPLE.WORDPRESS.COM  

    I want to thank DR EMU for the wonderful work he done for me and my family, i was having a serious breakup with my ex but when i contacted him for help he brought him back to me with his historical powers, and also helping me to get a job, since he cast his spell for me things has really be good to me and since i know him my husband has been faithful to me, well i will say that this man is a really great spell caster that every one must contact for help, if you are facing breakup or marriage problem just contact this man for help he will help you settle everything with his power, please contact him on his email: emutemple@gmail.com once you contact him all your problems will be solve.

    SvarSlett
  3. Many people have written articles about how they were helped but I am very grateful to this great man who brought my ex-husband back to me. This testimony is a true story and my name is Jennifer Sanchez. When I came in contact with this man was also through a testimony written about him helping with a cure for Herpes Virus and I have also encountered many testimonies about how he has been helping others with their life. To get back with an ex is one of the most innermost feelings many people would love to experience especially as those memories with our ex always cloud our mind when someone else does some of those things our ex used to do. I was a single parent of two boys for almost 6 years and though my ex-husband was not staying with me and the kids I still wish someday he will return to me. This doctor I encountered is known as Dr. Odunga helped me with my wishes and I am happy to write on this website that my ex-husband is back with me. I am very happy to share the testimony with everyone so that they too can meet this great doctor and solve their problems. I don't know what others might feel about getting their ex back in their life but I always know there is a blessing in disguise with just a single re-connection with an ex. If you want to successfully get back with your ex or facing an infertility problem, contact this great man at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com Or WhatsApp/Call +2348167159012 and share an awesome testimony too just as I did

    SvarSlett